Nursery for Ellis

























The last nine months have gone by fast and slow at the same time. Which is exactly what I'm sure every first-time parent thinks. There have been a lot of things that have been not so great about pregnancy (see morning sickness, below). But one of the really fun things has been designing an entirely new room in our house especially for our baby girl. In my extreme nesting mode over the last few weeks I finally finished her room.

Originally, I was mostly inspired by these clean, gender neutral nurseries that I pinned here. But as time went on, I realized I also wanted some pops of color, like Oh Joy's new nursery/office that she and Emily Henderson created for her tiniest baby, Coco.


So we ended up somewhere in the middle. Lots of white, light wood tones, and some pops of color. My favorite part of the room is probably the rocker. It took me what felt like forever to decide on one. I wanted something that didn't look like it belonged only in a nursery. So gliders were out. Sam wanted something more comfortable than the Eames rocking chair that I tried to convince him to buy. After days of searching, I thought I had finally found the perfect chair with the Finn Rocker from Anthropologie. Just look at it.


It was perfect until I looked at the price tag. I quickly realized that this would be a much more difficult decision. But I finally found the one. A few months and dock worker strikes later, it was ours. I can't wait to rock Ellis in that little corner.


Here's where we got everything, in case you were wondering.

Bookshelf: Target
Bench: Target (they are sold out of this one, but have some other really cute ones!)
Crib sheets: Dwell Studio
Changing Pad Cover: The Land of Nod
Print above crib: Emily Jeffords
Prints above the dresser: Melinda Wood Designs 
Himalayan Salt Nightlight: Urban Outfitters
Lamp: Target
Navy pillow: Pottery Barn
Hamper: Ikea
Mobile: Diy from here 

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous!! I adore it. The guitar in the nursery is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning nursery. The carpet is super adorable. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete